Some options on a Family Centered Birth Plan may be:
- Lower lighting
- Slowing down the process
- Optimal Cord Clamping
- Lowering curtain during birth/clear curtain
- Not tying down mom's hands
- Individual levels of anesthesia to allow mom to be more alert
- Immediate skin to skin contact for mom and baby
- Minimal disruptions postpartum to facilitate recovery and bonding
- Doula/birth photographer present during birth
If you are planning a c-section, I highly recommend looking into your options with your care provider. Observing even just a few of these preferences can make a huge difference in how you experience the birth of your child.
Links for Information on Family Centered C-section:
Video of "Family Centered C-section"
"Family Centered Csection" Birth Plan Tips
"Family Centered Csection" Birth Plan Example